Silicone LinksSmooth-on is the industry-standard silicone vendor who also sells to consumers for DIY projects. They provide technical data sheets on material performance, some of which include a skin-safe material certification. The Ecoflex and Dragon Skin lines are usually used for bawdy applications.
Silicone gels are used in medical applications to fill a volume to mimic tissue.
- Smooth-on homepage
- Smooth-on tutorials
- Smooth-on page on Durometer Shore Hardness Scale
- Smooth-on material calculators
- PDF:"Feasibility of a Touch Sensitive Breast Phantom for Use in the Training of Physicians in Clinical Breast Examination," University of Tennesee at Knoxville, a paper discussing a medical breast phantom constructed with a Dragon Skin FX shell and Quantum Silicone's QGel 310 lightly cross-linked gel as a filler, with integral sensing strain gauges
- PDF: QGel 310 Technical Data Sheet
- ScienceDirect page on Silicone Gels
- Silicone breast implant materials, Swiss Medical Weekly
- Safety of Silicone Breast Implants, Institute of Medicine
- PDF: Cohesive Breast Implants: Characteristics and Crosslinking Properties
US Patent 20120252924A1, "Flavored silicone products," detailing a system for flavoring silicone.